The name POPP stands for over 90 years of reliable and affordable electrical engineering made in Germany.
Founded by Heinrich Popp in 1930 , we've been at the forefront of the expansion of electronics into European homes. First with a focus on electrical china, circuit breakers, and lamp fittings. Then, in the 1950s, as engineers of wall switches. And now, since 2008, we've focussed our engineering know-how on crafting connected electronics for the smart home.
In 2018, Popp & Co. joined Aeotec Group. This new partnership aims to marry our German led engineering with Aeotec's experience 14 year experience in leading the automation industry. Combined, we're reimagining precisely what automation technology means to the modern home and the modern work place.
- 1930: Heinrich Popp found the „elektrotechnische Fabrik “Popp & Co.“, supplier for electrical china, circuit breakers and lamps
- 1951: The production of wall switches, cables and plugs starts
- 1988: Popp GmbH is the largest company in the north Bavarian town of Bad Berneck with more than 850 employees
- 2008: The system companies Popp and Düwi launched the first Z-Wave based smart home system called InterACT at IFA in Berlin
- 2014: Acquisition of the former InterACT Z-Wave product line to be reinvented and turned into Popp Smart Home
- 2015: New Z-Wave product portfolio with some innovative devices (e.g. first energy self-sufficient Z-Wave Wind Sensor, first Solar Outdoor Siren with Z-Wave)
- 2016: Popp & Co. launch their first smart home gateway powered by Z-Wave, “POPP Hub”
- 2019: Silicon Valley company Aeotec acquires Popp & Co., forms Aeotec Group, and reheadquarters to Hamburg, Germany
- 2020: POPP Hub upgraded and relaunched as the Aeotec AutoPilot experience
Aeotec Group; since 1930.